Slip and fall accidents can occur for a variety of reasons, and if you've been injured as a result of one of these, a personal injury lawyer can help. The experienced team at Beckett brings expertise and experience to fight for justice and the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes For Slip and Fall Accidents
While there are a variety of circumstances that can cause a slip and fall accident, there are some that are more common and that can easily result in injury and require a personal injury lawyer to assist:
- - Wet Surfaces: Sidewalks, walkways, or other surfaces may become wet or uneven due to a variety of circumstances. These wet or uneven surfaces can include defective sidewalks, parking lot potholes, poorly constructed staircases, loose floorboards, cluttered floors, torn carpeting, and recently mopped or waxed floors.
- - Improper Job Training: A lack of adequate training, especially for those working in the manufacturing and construction fields, can result in slip and fall accidents.
- - Neglected Walkways: Property owners may fail to properly shovel sidewalks and/or salt steps and walkways during bad weather conditions.
Types of Damages
With many types of slip and fall accidents or injuries, a personal injury lawyer can help ensure your rights are protected. After a slip and fall accident, it’s important to receive the proper medical care and support that you need right away. Once you are well enough, connecting with a personal injury lawyer can help you navigate the complex world of filing a claim.
Damages that you can claim in a slip and fall accident vary depending on the specifics of your case. They generally include all of the things that you have to pay for as a result of the accident. These can include, but are not limited to the following:
- - Bills for ongoing physical therapy, occupational therapy, and other medical treatments or expenses
- - Hospital bills
- - Prescription medication costs
- - Personal support workers or attendant care
- - Pain and suffering of the victim, which can include both physical pain and mental or emotional disorders related to the injury
- - Loss of future existing or future income
How A Lawyer Can Help
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, a personal injury lawyer can help you get the justice you deserve. The sooner you can contact a member of the Beckett team, the better we can help you with any questions or concerns you may have about the legal process. Our experienced team can go over your unique case and outline the specific options that are available to you or your loved one. The knowledge, expertise, and compassion of the Beckett legal team will ensure that you are supported during this challenging time and help ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
If you're ready to take the next step, reach out to Beckett today. Visit our contact us form for a free case evaluation.
Published on May 25, 2022